Many areas across the country are expected to experience yet another snowy winter, which means there will be plenty of time for sledding. If you find yourself without a conventional sled when a big snowfall comes, don't fret. You can glide down the mountain in one of these items you have at home:
- Inflatable Pool Toys: Have you ever gone tubing at a ski resort? Similar to actual tubing, you can use your inflatable pool tubes and rafts to slide down the mountain. While pool tubes and rafts work best, you can even use your inflatable pool ride-on toys, such as an inflatable ride-on whale.
- Trash Can Lid: Trash can lids also make for great impromptu sleds. Just be sure to clean it before you use it!
- Baby Pool: Do you have an old baby pool in the garage that the kids have grown out of? Transform it into the ultimate sled. If you turn it inside out so that the smooth side is facing the snow, it works wonderfully. And, due to its larger size, the whole family can fit inside and sled down the hill together.
- Garbage Bag: Due to their slippery nature, garbage bags are perfect for sledding. Place your legs and behind inside a large heavy-duty garbage bag at the top of the hill, and then enjoy the ride!
- Cardboard: Have a cardboard box lying around? Large pieces of cardboard work well as sleds. Bend up the front of the cardboard to keep it from getting stuck on soft snow.