Calling all gym junkies, yogis and outdoor enthusiasts— it's time to utilize merino wool activewear. Wool has many amazing properties that make it the ideal material for exercise clothing. While you may think wool is just suitable for winter conditions, it's also appropriate for working out on those hot summer days. The material is soft, comfortable, lightweight, breathable and quick-drying and will keep you cool in the heat and warm in the cold. Many brands are taking advantage merino wool's outstanding properties, particularly Ibex— a Vermont-based merino wool company providing high-performance activewear and outdoor apparel. Read on to learn more about the benefits of wearing merino wool while working out.
- Temperature Control. Wool's temperature control properties make it ideal for both warm and cold weather conditions. Unlike synthetic fabrics, merino wool responds to changes in body temperature. It absorbs moisture and evaporates it into the air to keep your body comfortable and dry in all conditions. Due to its ability to absorb and evaporate moisture, merino is incredibly breathable and won't create static electricity or uncomfortably cling to your skin.
- Extreme Comfort. Merino wool is super soft and flexible. Its tiny fibers allow the material to bend more than other wool fibers, so the material feels soft and gentle against your skin. Additionally, the material is naturally elastic so it will stretch with you, making it perfect for exercise.
- Odor Resistance. Merino wool has anti-microbial properties that keep your garments fresh and odor free, no matter how much you sweat. While your other workout clothes will start to smell after a single use, wool apparel and accessories won't stink. This means you can wear them for longer and more times between washes, which is particularly beneficial for backpacking and camping.
- Easy Care. Wool is stain-resistant, machine-washable and anti-wrinkle, so merino wool apparel is extremely simple to care for. It won't be easily stained by dirt or grime, and you can simply throw it in the washer and dryer to for an easy clean.
- Sustainability. Merino wool is a 100% natural and renewable fiber, so it's good for you and the environment.